Planning for 2020 is underway
Our schedule is what everyone wants to know about. Our event coordinators have begun winter planning and course selection. Do you have any feedback or requests for our 2020 schedule??? If so please mail us. Check our twitter feed for schedule news.
Sign up now for 2020
All members! Both new and returning. We have a few perks in our Early Membership Renewal offer!
- Sign up now and get 10% off our normal charge for a limited time. Help us fund our account for those courses that require early deposits.
- Get entered in a lottery for a Certificate for 4 players to play Bluestone Country Club. 4 winners to be chosen randomly. Must coordinate date. Tuesday after 12pm, Wednesday or Friday before 8/13/2020. Planned lottery date: 4/1/2020.
- Get entered in a lottery for 4 guests for a 4 hour simulator rental at Rock Manor. Ideally we will use this time before the weather warms up. Includes 4 complimentary drinks. Planned lottery date: 2/15/2020.
The store is now open. (1/23/20) Go sign up!
We moved event registration to the new store. You can now sign up for the first two events, Back Creek and Odessa.
Since we have a pretty clear idea of each member’s tee box preferences we will put you on your standard tees by default. If you have a different preference for a particular event you can:
- Inform us in advance, 1) so that your printed scorecard has the right tee box, and 2) as we flight people into tee times based on tee box selection. We need your tee selection in advance to do pairings.
- But you can always change your tee box even on the day of the event. Just so long as the scorekeeper is informed, that’s OK.
- For example at Turtle Creek seniors will play white and everyone else will be on blue. Nobody goes back to gold. But at Broad Run some players will move back from white to blue tees. That’s a location where you should request a tee box when you register.
Payment is due at time of event registration. You can pay directly by ACH, credit card, or bank by mail. We want to simplify things, do away with check payments the day of the event, and reduce cash payments. With ACH we save on credit card fees and use Plaid to connect to your bank, the same service as used by Venmo.
Should you need to cancel your round, we will refund or put your payment on account as long as we are not charged by the course.
New Club Policies
None so far. The membership fee of $100 remains unchanged since 2005 and include a USGA handicap through the Golf Association of Philadelphia (GAP). The handicap fee used to be charged separately so in effect our fee has gone down if anything.
New Local Rules
None so far
Web Site and Scoring System Updates
We will continue using USGA Tournament Management software after a successful 2019.
We plan to modify the FedEx point system slightly to get it more in line with what is in use on the PGA Tour today.
The World Handicapping System and GHIN Handicapping
As you may know the World Handicapping System launches January 6, 2020. This should not affect us greatly but stay tuned.
If you enter non-league scores via GHIN, GHIN will also be updating their systems. “GHIN is getting ready to launch a new suite of products in the new year. Following the launch, eGolfer will no longer be supported, but similar functionality will be made available on the mobile app and GHIN.com.”